7 January 2017

Fr Z and Professor Finnis

I commend to readers a careful reading of Fr Zed's important and scholarly piece dated January 6, in which he brilliantly and painstakingly exposes the unscholarly piffle and twaddle of some cleric called Cameli who has set himself (in some Jesuit magazine) to defend Papa Bergofglio's Amoris laetitia.

Father does not mention that the cleric concerned, in using a faulty translation of a text by S John XXIII, simply repeats claims already erroneously made, decades ago, by a failed Jesuit called Hebblethwaite.

This whole controversy has, in other words, been run before! And the truth was exposed, back in 1991, a quarter of a century ago, by Professor John Finnis, a distinguished scholar of International Law in this University. And he exposed it in the Tablet !!!

I have myself explained this matter several times before, and I repeat, with this, two of my earlier pieces.

The promoters of error hope, by repeating themselves and each other endlessly and ad infinitum, to bamboozle us into swallowing their slanted narratives.

See underneath!

2 comments:

Marc in Eugene said...

You have discussed the phrase several times, and I'm sure I ought to read the Scriptures more diligently and pay more attention to you, but I was surprised to read the Apostle at Matins this morning: "Obsecro autem vos fratres per nomen Domini nostri Jesu Christi: ut idipsum dicatis omnes, et non sint in vobis schismata: sitis autem perfecti in eodem sensu, et in eadem sententia", ἐν τῷ αὐτῷ νοῒ καὶ ἐν τῇ αὐτῇ γνώμῃ.

Fr John Hunwicke said...

5 July 2016 is when I dealt with the context in Corinthians.